Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday to My Son Isaiah Joaquine!

Congratulations to my son Isaiah Joaquine who is celebrating his 5th birthday today!  I am so happy to see him growing stronger and healthier.

He was so sickly as a baby and for your information he's been hospitalized for more than 2 months at the Chinese General Hospital.  First, inside a pay ward and second, at the charity station (when we no longer afford the high rising cost of the expenses).  Series of test(s) have been made just to find out why, for so long, he was not recovering.  Later, he was diagnosed to have G6PD deficiency (you google it, I'm tired of explaining or just click the link).

I can vividly remember (it was Christmas time in 2006) all the patients at the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) have been moving out to go home while my baby was still fighting for his dear life.  He had a seizure and his skin turned almost gray.  The attending physician asked for the help of other medical staff to revive him.  I been crying and my heart was pounding heavily.  I asked God why my child has to suffer this agony?  Let it be me, Lord.  As if God has been testing me, other doctors were called for some needed help,  From where I stand, I can see the doctors collectively shared their expertise just to help Isaiah.  After few minutes,  the doctors left the room without saying a word and I told myself -- is this the day?

Later, the nurse-on-duty approached me and shared the wonderful message that my baby has been revived and that his skin color turned normal.  Wow,  God thank you!  I thought I ran out of tears before but that time liquid in my eyes continuously flowed.

My family and my sister (Ate Margie) have been constantly looking after Isaiah and we've spent Christmas, New Year and Valentine's Days at the Chinese General Hospital.   And the rest was history!

My son, this is your day!  Make the most of it.  We love you.

No comments: