Saturday, February 10, 2024

PCAP Gathering @FoodbytheCourt

 I had a blast at the PCAP Gathering yesterday (February 10, 2024) at Gil Puyat, Makati City.  For the first time, I was able to attend a group of chess arbiters, players, and owners.

Not only that the food were free - some games offered so many prizes for the interesting games.  There were also raffles.  My wife and I unexpectedly won two of them.  Yeheey.  One of the events was called "Chess Palaro" wherein each team composed of five members will play against 3 other teams.  I was just a substitute because I have not yet found a team, luckily, an arbiter back-out at the last minute due to previous commitments.  My group was so lucky that we tied for first (1-3) after 2 difficult games and won a very lucrative prize.  

Atty. Paul, the PCAP Commissioner, Chairman Michael Ong Chua, and Engr. Jojo of Team Camarines offered a substantial number of prizes for the participants.  Hats off to them.

I am looking forward to another PCAP event. 



No comments: