Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chess @ ULTRA

After a long lay-off and OTB (over-the-board) playing I had the chance to compete with the best in the Philippine chess. The results were not as good as expected. I was beaten blue by NM Efren Bagamasbad on a Modern Defence game during the opening round . The best chance I could have was during the 4th round. After I scored 2 out of 3, I met NM Alex Milagrosa on a Kings Indian Defence game. I was so happy with that game because I played solidly. Down to 2 minutes against his 3 minutes I was able to achieve a superior position and was a piece up. My inexperience during crucial games played a big part as I lost the game I should have won. I blundered during time scuffle and missed the win so terribly. It was not the same after that  as I fared badly on my next games (probably still thinking of the missed opportunity on Milagrosa's game).  My final output was 4/9 a big disappointment and failure from a university chess player like me.

No comments: