Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bad Me

Last Sunday, March 29, 2014 my family was about to celebrate Betty's (my daughter) graduation in elementary school and her being in top 10 of her class at Amis Restaurant, Quiapo, Manila. Everything was set. My wife invited her parents for a small gathering and yes we were ready to go.

Since it was her day, my wife told Betty to dress beautifully for the occasion and she did. During the last minute, Betty decided to change her outfit and replace it with another one. I told here that she just wore a very nice dress and that there was no need to change it. My wife agreed. I was shocked to hear some bad words from my daughter - that it was her life, she'll wear what she had to wear, etc. I just closed my ears, and pretended that I heard nothing.

Soon I heard yelling both from my wife and daughter. I intercede and told my daughter to stop and just wear what I told her to wear. But she kept on talking. For the last time, I warned her to settle down. But she didn't listen. I felt the high-rising volume of hot blood going to my brain! I hit her with a stick and I didn't stop... I was able to grab a hanger and hit her again... Now my daughter told me to stop!

But I knew I won't be able to cease that beatings I been making since I got so angry and it would take minutes and hours to tone down my emotions. How bad of me to cause this pain to my favorite daughter. The aftermath, I saw bruises all over her legs and hands and her fingers were swelling too. I'm sorry Betty I just wanted to finish what you started. You have to show respect at such a young age, otherwise, you'll bring it when you grow as an adolescent.

We were able to go to Amis Restaurant but my daughter had to eat the hard way, CRYING.

No comments: