Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hooked on Chess Opening Preparation!

November 4-8, 2011 is the schedule of the 2011 Intercities Tournament at Tanauan, Batangas, Philippines and at this time I am so excited to learn that I have in my team superb players in the Philippines. Again, for the nth time, I will represent the Department of Education. Only this time the cast will be star-studded. Manning board 1 will be FM Jony Habla, board 2 will be handled by CM Jose Aquino, Jr., and board 3 will be guarded by CM Rainier Labay. At board 4, the man to watch is Ramil Acosta, the usual point-picker of the team, and at board 5 will be me (an unknown chess player from the University of the East).

The timing seems to favor me due to my 4-day vacation at the office. So, like what I said on my title, I am really hooked up on my opening preparation. I digged on my arsenal the almost rotten book "Kasparov's Opening Repertoire" by Shamkovich and Schiller and reconfigure my totally unused chess database Fritz 11.

Since my task will not be as big as those of my team mates (boards 1, 2, & 3), I will just have to draw my games and let them handle the rest.

Ok. Back to work...err games. I will immediately inform you guys of my struggle at Batangas. Cheers!

1 comment:

isolated pawn said...

Hi Brother,
Sayang naman ang preparation mo hindi ka nila pinalaro kahit isa. I know you deserve to play there. Don't you worry, next time sa Calapan City ka na maglaro kahit wala allowance for sure you could showcase your talents.