Thursday, February 3, 2011

Today is the Day!

I will share with you some details on what transpired during my morning interview at HRDS - I was then applying for an Administrative Officer V position. Three interviewers (2 from HRDS and I think 1 from the personnel dep't) subjected the 3 of us (interviewees) into Q&A portion. I am glad that I didn't feel nervous at all and I was able to convey the message clearly and I answered all the questions thrown at me. As we were about to leave the room one interviewer asked, "What will you bring with you to this company?" My answer was short and straightforward and it goes this way, "I enjoy working in an environment wherein people bounce their ideas from one another and has the flexibility to ask for help. I love give and take. That's what I will bring to this company - team work and flexibility." I am so happy with my answer.

During the evening, I attended the household meeting of Couples for Christ at the DepEd Chapel. I wasn't able to attend regularly during Thursdays but I made sure that I would never miss this day. I didn't expect to see Usec. Bacani to be there, though, I know that he's been very active during his time at the Central Office. It was during this time that the noodle's controversy was already known to all DepEd employees. I was expecting that perhaps he will state his side, etc. regarding the issue. I was wrong. Not even a single word (about the scandal)was given. I was flabbergasted to see this man coming to this little chapel telling about his health condition, sharing how his life at Innotech was and not telling or defending himself about the raps he was accused of.

I have been asking questions, why the secretary of education during that time (JAL) was not included in the preventive suspension since it was a command responsibility, and why the Office of the Ombudsman has an outright decision for DepEd's case (so fast) while other controversial issues like ZTE, Ampatuan, Gen. Garcia, etc. were left pending. What I got were more questions than answers. Tsk.tsk.tsk.

No comments: