Monday, September 7, 2015

Wrong Prayer!

Before November 8, 2013, Typhoon Yolanda (international name: Haiyan) struck and heavily hit the Philippines.  Prior to that date I deeply prayed that the above-mentioned typhoon would rather hit China and not my beloved country.  You must know for a fact that China had been bullying the Philippines for a long period of time so I asked the indulgence of the Almighty to instead strike forcefully China and not my country.  Wrong prayer!  What happened to my country?  Parts of the country had been heavily devastated by the typhoon.

------------------------

Days ago, the driver of the van (Pasig-Quiapo) I been riding  did not give the change (sukli) that rightfully belongs to me and I totally forgot about it until I left the vehicle.  While walking, I remembered about the change.  Oh that bitch... I immediately whispered a silent prayer that this driver suffered an accident and worst stumbled upon the biggest structure.  Wrong prayer!  While walking, I was bumped by this wide-bodied man along Ortigas Avenue and minutes after that I stumbled upon the smallest stone and almost suffered head contusions.  Whew...

Moral of the story:  Always pray for the good of others.

------------------------

At the office, I learned a very important lesson from the story shared by my colleague...

BOY:  When do we pray?
OLD MAN: Pray as if it is your last day in this world.
BOY: How do you know it is your last day?
OLD MAN: No one knows.

Moral of the story:  Always pray. 

No comments: