Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chess Struggle, All the Way!

I participated in the Paragua sponsored chess tournament held at the Victory Mall, Monumento, Kalookan City. The prize is very huge for a non-master tournament.  Would you believe it?  It is a whooping P15,000 for the Champion only.  So, upon hearing the news that the games will be held this day, I immediately went to the chess venue and registered.  I was entered as unrated (with no rating at all) and what do you expect, I was paired with the best - my first round was really a struggle since my opponent was  former chess champion from Bicol and my second game, though I drew it, was against the top unrated player during the tournament.  To summarize my games, I have never been beaten as white (4 games) but I only won once with black (4 games).  It was really a disappointing day for me.  Hope fully I will fare better on my next tournament.

1 comment:

isolated pawn said...

Your right. Bawi ka na lang sa sunod