Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dakak Adventure!

After finishing the documentation, tabulation, and evaluation of DepEd Region IX applicants for potential textbook evaluators, some members of my group were invited by a local resident to join her (of course with pay) to Dakak beach. At first, I was hesitant due to financial consideration. I have to buy something first (pasulabong) to my family and friends before incurring other unexpected expenses. However, upon learning that I will not spend much, I immediately obliged. Go!

I've been to Boracay, Puerto Galera, to other beaches in some other countries as well; I thought it was the right time to visit Dakak. I've got knowledge of Dakak during my college days and I learned (through advertisement) that it was such a beautiful place and a sanctuary to visiting tourists. My enthusiasm to go there was further intensified by feedbacks I got from the natives and it was so indulging.

I just packed my documents (courier) and immediately prepared my swimming attire. I forgot, I didn't have any swimming attire. Armed with a Canon Ixy Digital Camera and a Nokia N70 cellular phone, I joined the group.

It was so hot in the afternoon, and so am I. My two friends occupied the back of the vehicle (which was open) to see the different places of Dapitan City. We traversed through a serene city of Dapitan and had a glimpse of a calm bay. An astounding scenery like old houses (a replica of traditional houses in the past) were seen as we crossed the street. As we pursued our way to Dakak, I saw the Rizal Shrine which I visited days ago before we turned right. It was almost a 20-minute road trip without stop. We reached the place at 2:00 p.m. and there I saw Sanguniang Kabataan (SK) members having their convention.

As we hiked, I viewed too much air-conditioned rooms and too many construction workers. Maybe... o, maybe ... we came in a time were rehabilitation of the place was undergoing.

We then moved to the swimming pool area (I didn't see much foreigners) and then to the restaurant to avail of our free refreshments. After that, we went to the shore wherein we found a place for picture taking. We spent more time on photo-ops than in doing other things. While taking photos, I spotted a cool place where we can rest and BINGO... it was the right place. We took advantage of the place and had our chit chat and discussed our next plan.

At about 5:00 p.m., the four of us (Sir Gali, Mam Maribel, Ms. Anameyh, and I) took a dip (beach) to finally feel Dakak and to lessen the heat too. I felt this tingling pain on my hips and on my arms, as I go deeper into the sea, and wondered why my skin was cut by (like) a blade, I learned that my friends felt the same thing too, maybe due to bites from small sea creatures. I then had my final dive of the day at about 5:30 p.m. and then had my shower.

We left Dakak at 6:00 p.m. and then proceeded to Dampa for our dinner.

My impression about Dakak... its PNR. Puwede Na Rin!

Enjoy these pictures guys !!!










No comments: