Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Chess Team Tournament at DepEd


Whew! It's been a long time since I last tip my keyboards to write a blog about my experiences for the month. I have been very busy lately due to myriad tasks assigned to me. I had to focus more on my work to avoid muddling up of documents. The days and weeks have been monotonous and routinary, no diversion, whatsoever. Luckily, I was invited to play chess by my organization. It's kinda team tournament organized by DepEd and Innotech. It was a four-game battle of wits against other DepEd units (NCR, Q.C., Calabarzon, and DepEd-CO.) I had a good start - winning all my first three games against worthy opponents only to be stalled to a draw by my adversary on the last round. I'm kind of disappointed because I wasn't able to deliver a full point for my team. 'Sad to note that my game ended in a draw due to opposite bishops ending. I went out to a nearby building after my game to visit my friends and also to ease the tension I experienced during the game and returned to the tournament venue only to witness my colleagues beaten by their foes in succession. Our team scored a dismal 0.5 against 3.5 of DepEd Q.C. Had my teammates scored 2 more wins we would be the champion. We were all fighting for a gold medal award on each board but ended up losing. I shared the medal on Board 2, though. Yes, you are right. I was the only one who scored for my team.

No comments: